I am a research software engineer, computational physicist and author of the CASTEP software package (www.castep.org). CASTEP is a materials modelling program based on a reformulation of quantum mechanics known as density functional theory.
Top network posts
- 25 Why do we have so many DFT codes (softwares)? Are they redundant?
- 16 What are the freely available crystal-structure visualization softwares?
- 15 How should one choose the time step in a molecular dynamics integration?
- 11 Available methods and codes for materials discovery / crystal structure prediction?
- 11 Optimization of Gaussian basis sets within the Hartree-Fock Method
- 11 What are the positives and negatives of periodic DFT codes that don't use plane-wave basis sets?
- 10 In DFT, while studying a system using different exchange-correlation functional approximations, are we expected to check convergence for each method?
- View more network posts →