Taking the suggestion from Geoff Hutchison in Highlighting Matsci.org forum - community promotions, I decided to put together an MMSE page for community ads. Simply add an answer with a title, a brief description, and a link to whatever project your advertising (and ideally an image to go with the ad so that these can be converted to SE Community Ads if/when this feature is extended to our site).
My hope is to leave this fairly open ended in terms of what people want to advertise, but to just give some examples of things I feel would be a good fit to promote:
- Upcoming conferences, lectures, or online courses
- New forums of interest to Matter Modelers, both on and off the SE network
- Lesser known software or computer programs used in modeling
- Books or lecture notes on matter modeling topics
- Citizen Science projects or large scale community research efforts